Subscription Box Direct Mail Marketing Services
As consumer interest for products grows, direct mail marketing is making a comeback. Consumers enjoy the more personal approach to monthly deliveries of their favorite or niche items. Pet toys, gourmet snacks, makeup, razors, skincare products, and more are being sent to customers’ doors on a monthly basis thanks to subscription box services—often for a minimal fee. Ever wondered why businesses are looking to direct mail once again? Here are some reasons why the subscription box business is booming again.
What Is a Subscription Box?
A direct mail subscription box is a scheduled, curated, and specially packaged delivery of products that meets the needs of a specific interest or market. The concept originated after the old-time business model of the milkman, who would deliver fresh milk to customers’ doorsteps. The delivery experience was a personal, sensory, real-life experience, which is lost today in the intangible nature of online shopping. This mode of delivery is coming back—companies are using subscriptions again to reach their customers in a remarkably personal and customized way.
Reasons for the Rise of Subscription Box Services
Customers love the element of surprise and discovery. They enjoy opening fresh packages of products that meet their needs or expand upon their interests. Subscription boxes also bring to light curiosities that are challenging to find in such a massive marketplace. They save time when customers are looking for new and interesting products, and they help customers realize products that they never knew they wanted. Companies like Ipsy, FabFitFun VIP Box, Boxycharm, Birch Box, Blue Apron, Bark Box, Dollar Shave Club, and more constantly satisfy customer needs by providing unique, fun, useful, and highly anticipated products that are unique to each brand.
Why Big Brands Are Getting into the Subscription Box Business
Subscription box services is a booming business. Many companies are using direct mail marketing strategies such as subscription box services. Why should your business use direct mail marketing to prospect? Here are some of the advantages:
- Earned Loyalty: Makers of direct mail subscription boxes are keen to the customers’ needs, interests, and passions. They need to share the same love and enjoyment of the products offered to maintain customer loyalty and interest.
- Build Customer Relations: The best way to learn about your business is to talk to your customers, and with subscription e-commerce, customers are around for a longer period of time. This means you can form relationships with your target market, and you can understand what their interests and hopes for future products are. You will be able to know which of your vendors need to stick around or be reevaluated, making your strategies more streamlined.
- Expand Customer Base: Brands, big and small, are constantly seeking ways to grow and gain more customers–this is where subscription box services come in handy. They allow brands to reach a broader audience than they may normally have access to. Combined with social media hype, companies offering these deliveries have a limitless reach to expand their customer base.
- Automatic Payment Options: Customers can set up standing orders so that their payments happen automatically or businesses can provide a subscription feature on their web site so customers’ credit cards are charged the same time each month as a box is delivered.
- Good Publicity for Vendors: You can keep your vendors happy through the use of subscription box services. Since these boxes are filled with samples from various brands, vendors working for those brands enjoy the opportunity to boost awareness. The process benefits everyone involved: business can build a loyal customer base, customers receive products they love, and vendors benefit from the marketing platform and brand awareness.
- Predictable Revenue: Loyal subscribing customers make it possible for businesses to gain revenue on a regular basis, as customers are billed and receive their products at the same time each month. Instead of spending money trying to obtain customers, only to put in more of the budget to keep customers coming back, lock in your customers through the sign-up process of a subscription. It’s easier to determine the revenue ranges for each month as well as the percent of customers that are in for the long run.
- Innovation: Consumers and prospects will lose interest if they receive a repeated item that is out of their control—building a box concept around an interest with a multitude of product options is a great way to ensure freshness and variety in each box.
- Opportunity for Growth: The most successful subscription box companies have e-commerce shops on their web sites, so customers are able to purchase more of the products they enjoyed from their monthly deliveries. Having an online storefront not only helps you market to customers who are less in touch with e-commerce, but it also provides immediate satisfaction to faithful subscribers.
- Sustainability: Instead of overwhelming yourself with software development and huge sales teams, focus on the main aspects until you find your niche, then grow that customer base through multiple channels. Entice vendors with free advertising to keep overhead low if they offer free or discounted samples and full products for you to send in your subscription boxes.
Why Choose Direct Mail Marketing for Subscription Boxes?
The benefits of subscription box services are undeniable. Customers can receive products they enjoy on a monthly basis, and businesses can benefit from a sustainable income that flows in automatically through the subscriptions. If you want to learn more about these services and how they can benefit your business, Macromark can help.
Whether you’re looking to target consumers or businesses through your direct mail marketing campaign, we can provide all the information and assistance you need. With over 30 years of experience and an extensive database of lists, we can spearhead your direct mail marketing strategy to get you the best possible reach to your prospects. Our services also include print media, direct mail marketing, list brokerage, data solutions, list fulfillment and list management. For more information about how we can help grow your business, contact us at 1-(845) 230-6300.
Latest posts by David Klein (see all)
- How Direct Mail Holiday Catalogs Still Work Today - August 18, 2017
- The Elements of an Effective Marketing Strategy with Print Catalogs - August 14, 2017
- Printed Catalogs Drive Online Traffic to Your Web Site - August 7, 2017